Thursday, April 23, 2009

Diego Luna: Oooh, Dios Mio!









Every time I look at a picture of Diego Luna it makes me think of Blanche DuBois's "young man" monologue from A Streetcar Named Desire.  The one where she utters "oh young man, YOUNG man..." over and over to a handsome lad half her fucking age.  

I always felt so sorry for poor Blanche DuBois.

Anyholla', Diego Luna, 29 year old actor from Mexico City, has apparently been in the business for a while, but I had not noticed him before, mainly because he was appearing in films like "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights."  That Dirty Dancing franchise really never appealed to me oh so much, so I didn't really take notice until I watched "Milk", which has him donning a wild and wooly 70's 'fro and playing Sean Penn's mentally unbalanced lover.  Afterward, I googled his picture and mi corazon!  He's adorable!

I like everything about him, really.  Everything.  Especially the resemblance to Cortez. (I have a really weird thang about men that resemble Cortez....  Yes, break out the fucking DSM IV if you so feel the need).   He's also a very good actor and appears to have a long and illustrious career ahead of him.  Fan-fucking-tastic!  I will be hollerin' in the cheap seats for Mr. Luna.

God, for the chance to sit across from him in a Havana-like 50's bar on a hot and sultry night, sucking down thick, fruity alcoholic beverages, one right after the other.  God, and then he'd help you stumble back to your cabana and the next morning, you wake up feeling like there's an anvil on your head.  You look around your cabana and the blinds are destroyed, as are all of the fixtures. Furniture has been flattened and clothes are draped everywhere. Lamps have been shattered and the bed is broken.  

And on the bed, sleeping soundly like an angel straight from heaven, is Diego Luna.











No comments:

Post a Comment